Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pappy

Over the years
As we grow old,
We remember our Pappy
So brave and bold.

In the garden,
Leaning on the plow,
He would listen to me;
I see him now.

He would give advice
And understand;
He was always there
To lend a hand.

God made Pappy
Strong and firm,
For he knew our lives
Would have great concerns.

So on his day
Let's take the time
To say "Thanks, Pappy.
I'm glad you're mine."

by Mary Frances Bogle 
(adapted a little)

We miss you Pappy, but we take peace in knowing you are in a better place.

4 comments:

Mom said...

This is really nice, Kristin. Such a good picture of him with the kids and Caden looking up at him.

Becky Klinger said...

So sorry to hear of your Pappy's death. I didn't know him, but I can see from the pictures that he really loved his family. Our prayers are with your family....

Dolores said...

Great picture of him and the kids. So sorry!!

Marisa said...

I am sorry to read of your Pappy's death. I know the passing of a beloved grandparent can be very hard but you hit the nail on the head when you said you know he is in a better place. Sending peaceful, positive thoughts to you and your family.